So I was asked by the lovely to tell you ten things about myself and answer ten questions she made. So here we go! 1. My baby brother is getting married in June!!
2. I protect homes and families on a daily basis, it's what I do for a living ;D
3. I LOVE dancing! Love it! ...not very good at it though.........
4. I LOVE singing!! LOVE IT!! ....also not very good at it.....
5. I used to be really big. Now I'm not!
6. This probably should've been first, but I'm married to a very very wonderful man! For almost 6 years now!
7. I'm an airhead, ditzy and spaz-tastic!
8. I have a lot of great friends like the awesome people here on Deviantart!
9. I was a great student in high school and had no social life until I was in college.
10. I've been through some bad trials in my life, had a lot of people who depended on me (adults and children) and was scared more times then I count....but I wouldn't change a thing. Not one thing.
1. Characters you have a crush on? C'mon, confess.
So...here's my thing with this question...I have several and they're all for different reasons. Also crush has a different definition for me. Crush means someone I'd genuinely like to spend time with, not have a romantic connection with. Call me an old fart if you wish, but after everything I've been through with my husband and our families romance means something completely different to me now and I can't have that sort of connection with anyone else fiction or not.
But I digress. (And it's a long story T^T)
So there's Thomas Wraith from Dresden Files...oh and Dresden ofcourse!!! I like them both for their witty retorts, willingness to defend those who can't defend themselves and their love for others. Then there's Castiel from Supernatural. I like him mostly because of the actor who plays him (Misha Collins, who's generally a great guy) and the fact that he selflessly helps Sam and Dean (who can't seem to get their affairs in order) when they've done absolutely nothing to help him. (Well maybe once or twice but seriously the ratio is 20:1) It's the same reason why I love Bobby from the same show. I love pretty much every female character from Game of Thrones (even Circe, I know, I know, but hear me out before you nay-say me) because each and every one of them are strong women who use whatever strengths they have, be it: fighting, manipulation, love, hatred, strategy, courtly nature and etc. instead of all wanting to fight to prove that they're worth something. I love the Doctor (all the doctors) from Doctor Who because the doctor finds ways of making the universe tremble and most times without ever using violence. I love it when people can create characters who have none to little abilities and have to get by on mostly their wits and are put into situations that should be impossible for a person like that to escape from. I've always loved the Sherlock Holmes mythos, be it the actual books by the good Sir Arthur Cannon Doyle, the BBC show Sherlock or the Robert Downey Jr. movies for the reason that he's an intellectual bad ss
!!! Of course he's smug about it, but with smarts like that who wouldn't be?
There are many, many, MANY more but I won't bore you with all of them.
2. The book or movie that made you cry?
*sigh* I'm such a crybaby.
-UP by Pixar....Cry like a baby every time and even though I know it's coming I still cry. every. single. time.
-Bridge to Teribethia (can't spell, but I think you guys got it and I mean the book not the movie. I read the book before the movie)
-Doctor Who, several episodes.
-Flowers for Algernon (another book)
-Dead Poets Society
-Walking Dead (The Video Game, not the comic or tv series, but the video game. Tell tale, WHY!?!?!)
-Harry Potter (The last book...I just...I can't....ugh..)
and many many more....ugh
3. What do you hate or annoys you about me? (please tell. I won't be angry. At all. I swear. I swear, Jack.)
That you don't talk to me more!
4. Did you get the "Jack I swear" quote? You probably didn't. I'm just wondering.
I know that quote from somewhere but I can't remember where.
5. Thoughts on homophobia?
Stupid. That's pretty much it. Love is love, what matters is if they love you. My question is, why is it a sin to love?
6. What is the weirdest pairing you've ever shipped?
To be honest, I don't do non-cannon shipping sssoooo....
7. Your ten favourite Disney songs? (If you don't like Disney, then just write your 10 fav songs in general)
10. Won't Say I'm in Love - Megara - Hercules
9. Reflection - Mulan - Mulan
8. Hellfire - Judge Frollo - Hunchback of Notredame
7. Almost There - Tiana - The Princess and The Frog
6. God Bless the Outcasts - Esmerelda - Hunchback of Notredame
5. Colors of the Wind - Pocahontas - Pocahontas
4. Can You Feel the Love Tonight? - Elton John - Lion King
3. I'll Be In Your Heart - Sting (I think?) - Tarzan
2. I see the light - Flynn and Rapunzel - Tangled
1. Let it Go - Elsa - Frozen
8. When something gets really popular and everyone talks about it all the friggin time, do you still like it?
Depends...... does it have a well thought out story, relatable and realistic characters, a world/culture you can immerse yourself in and just enough description to take you away from reality? If so, yes. If not, no. I'm willing to give most things a chance but everyone only gets one.
9. What's your opinion on Arnold Schwarzenegger?
He is still and will always be my younger self's action hero. I grew up with watching all of his movies. I could care less about him as a person but I love his movies!!
10. Please answer this one honestly: Would you rather hang out with people or read a book/watch a tv show/movie on your own?
Depends on the people, the book, the TV, the Show, and The Movie